Smartphones have been an integral part of our life. It’s been difficult to stay away from it just for 1 hour. and Thinking about Smartphones Disadvantages might look like not a serious issue for everyone But in reality, The scientific research has come up with some interesting facts about excessive use of smartphones.
Has this been ever happened to you, when you do not feel sleepy at night and you end up using more Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and then you wake up late in the morning.
In this article, I will tell you some Disadvantages of smartphones & how does the effects of mobile phones that break our natural cycle and effects of blue light screen by excessive use of Mobile phones, I will also suggest you some Eye health tips and tips regarding dry eye syndrome
Do you know our body has a clock cycle and our body automatically knows, when we have to wake & when to sleep. These things were all right back in the 1990s, but now with the advent of Smartphones The Effects of mobile phones have also arises
why we don’t feel sleepy at N
We totally depend on our smartphones for our daily activities and we also use it up to late at night. Actually,
Effects of mobile phones blue light screen are the reason we don’t feel sleepy late at night.
Our body responds to different light differently but here we will talk about the effects of blue light
If our body gets blue light, the brain thinks that it is day time, likewise, when we wake up, our body sends us energy to remain fully active for the whole day, so we could do our daily activity.
The Hormonal activity inside us!!!
you might have noticed, In the evening the color of the sky is generally red, and eventually turns dark, this signals our body that its night time. Now our brain start to releases a hormone named Melatonin, which regulates our sleep pattern. That’s why some of you laziness during night studies.
when we use our smartphones or other gadgets at late night, the blue light screen confused whether its day time or night.
Because of the interference in the process of Melatonin hormone works, and we end up using more and more hours on Smartphones, and When we wake up in the morning we didn’t remember at what time do we sleep.
Disadvantages of smartphones:
The excessive use of mobile phones or Sitting in Front of Desktop for a long period may have very disadvantages & can lead to various bad effects in our eyes and Health:
- Moisture content- Reduction in moisture content of your eyes and results dry eye syndrome
- Disturbs Sleep pattern- The excessive use of mobile phones for more 1 hr before going to sleep, disturbs sleep pattern & make you restless throughout the day. This is one of the most common and serious Disadvantages of Smartphones
- Addiction of smartphone – When smartphones beep, Our brain release chemicals like dopamine and serotonin, which are linked to happiness, the same case as with Drugs
- Back Problems -Using Smartphones for a longer period can add pressure to our backbone, depending on the angle at which the person is sitting
- Anxiety –Excessive use of mobile phones can cause anxiety, people constantly watching their likes on Facebook, Insta. and expect a constant reply from friends
- Sources of Bacteria- A research study from the University of Arizona found that the average phone has 10 times more amount of bacteria than found on a toilet seat.
- Eyesight – direct exposure to the blue light screen of our smartphones for a longer period can cause damage to the retina of the eye and thus cause stress on our eyes and dries our eye.
- Hearing – Nowadays maximum sound of our Smartphones are 105 Decibels, & even if we hear 94 decibels for 1 hr can cause damage to the tiny hairs of the inner ear, which transmit chemical signals through nerves to the brain.
- Nerve Damage – Excessive use of mobile phones can also result in a neurological condition called occipital neuralgia – which is similar to a severe headache. unfortunately theirs no cure of it. the only solution is – yoga, Regular exercise & limiting your smartphone usage
These were some of the Disadvantages of smartphones, Due to the blue light screen of smartphones. & if you have read up to this point, then you must go for some Eyes Health tips also
Some Eyes Health tips:
Some of the Eyes Health tips which are due to The excessive use of mobile phones and sitting continuously in front of
- Studies found that The blue light screen of Smartphones shifts sleeps schedules by 3hrs, compared to 1 & 1/2 hr of the green light. so its recommended to use night mode whenever you use Mobiles at night.
- For maintaining the eyes moisture we could follow 20-20-20 rule. every 20 minutes take 20 seconds to focus on something 20 feet away.
- A study from Northwestern University shows that the more time people spend on their phones, the more likely they are to be depressed. so its recommend giving some free time to your hobbies, yourself & your friends.
- Avoid wearing Contact lens – Cornea is a very delicate part of our eye, so Daily use of contact lens especially Smartphone & Computer users can cause Cornea abrasion which leads to thinning of Cornea. It is recommended to wear Glasses instead.
- Whenever your eyes feel a burn or stressed never rub them. Instead, put some Cucumber slices it has natural astringent and cooling properties.
- Never read a book in moving vehicle, as Our eyes focus disturbs continuously and this put stress in our eyes.
- Eye exercise and eye massage improves the blood circulation in our eyes, which help in concentration and focus
- Splashing cold water on the eyes also helps in blood circulation
- Sunlight is a great source of energy, in the early morning, standing in front of direct sunlight with eyelid closed. It a natural way of healing your eye strain.
- Blink periodically- generally, our eyes blink at 12-15 blink/min, and in front of a computer the blinking rate reduces to 2-3 blink/min. which leads to reducing moisture content in the eyes and leads to dry eye syndrome.
- use Anti-glare protector – If you work generally outside or in front of a computer for long period near the window because the display screen will produce 2 images, which put stress in your eyes
- Make Distance from Blue light Screens- make sure you make a 70-80 cm distance gap between you and your digital devices which are emitting blue light.
- Use monitors without PWM Flicker- PWM stands for Pulse with modulation, and in cheap monitors when we do brightness low, the LEDs on and off in order to reduce brightness, which in actually kills your eyes.
- Don’t wash your Contact lens and Glasses with tap water, As it contains many impurities, which after some time gets cloudy and also puts stress in your eyes, instead use solutions to clean your glasses with clean clothes.
These were some of the Some Eyes Health tips, for those guys who can’t let their Smartphone or Laptops for an hr, just like me
This was all of
also read: Various Important Sensor inside a Smartphone